Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation (ABBF) is proud to announce an exciting new partnership with Procam as the Inclusion Ally for Tata Mumbai Marathon 2020 (TMM 2020).
ABBF with it's contingent of Persons with Disability (PwD) and their able bodied allies will be participating in TMM 2020 together to promote the cause of Inclusion.
The 2020 edition of the Tata Mumbai Marathon has officially opened up limited running places in the 10K for Persons with Disablity. Individuals with following disabilities can apply under this criterion: blind, visually impaired, hearing impaired, deaf-mute, amputee and individuals with other physical disabilities.
Able bodied participants who wish to participate in the Open 10K category as allies for our Runners with Disability, please get fill up the Ally application form below. We will be in touch with you separately.
Please note, we will NOT be able to accomodate wheelchair users for this edition of the TMM2020 due to accessibility and safety limitations. As such, wheelchair users cannot apply and participate.
Through this event, ABBF also aims to motivate sighted and able bodied runners to volunteer to run with PwDs as their allies, and train with them.
- The TMM takes place in Mumbai on 19 January 2020. We will be running 10 kilometers in this race and we need you to sign up now if you wish to run!
- The last date for signing up is 1 November 2019. Since the places are limited the availability of running bibs is first come, first serve basis only. All complete application received with the requisite fee on or before 15 November 2019 will be considered for participation.
Sign Up process:
- If you are an Able bodied participant who wishes to participate in the Open 10K category as Ally for a Runner with Disability, please clicking the Ally Application Form below. The number of running places for Allies are limited and hence we are taking applications only at this time. You will be informed individually if your application has been accepted and will be advised on registration.
If you are a PWD wanting to run the 10K, please download the PwD Registration Form by clicking the button below.
- Please fill it entirely making sure no fields are incomplete.
Attach all the necessary documents and a recent color photograph.
Make out a cheque or Demand Draft of Rs. 1400 (Rupees one thousand four hundred) in the name of "Procam International Pvt. Ltd.".
- Demand drafts can also be requested online with most banks and sent to ABBF.
- All cheques need to be payable at par in Mumbai.
Send the completed form, documents and the DD/cheque via courier or post to the following address:
Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation, C/o N. R. Ganatra, Flat no. 01, E Wing Housing Society, Lane 3B, Shinde Nagar, Bavdhan, Pune, 411021. Maharashtra, India.
Ph: +91 9890993825
- Once we check the form for entry criteria, completeness and the fee is received, we will send out a confirmation email to the address you have given.
- If your participation is rejected, you will hear from us via email.
- The Rs 1400 fee includes:
- ABBF Race Tshirt
- Finisher Medal
- Timed Running Bib
- Race day logistics
- Breakfast and enroute nutrition support
- Able bodied Running Ally
- All taxes
Rules of Participation and Confirmation:
- Incomplete forms with photo and/or documents missing will be rejected.
- Forms without the demand draft enclosed will also be rejected.
- Once we check the form and the fee is received, we will send out a confirmation email to the address you have given.
- This email will have details about expo venue, assembly points, and other logistics.
- Forms from wheelchair users will be rejected since they do not meet the criteria of rules laid down by Procam.
- Once participation is confirmed, the fee is non refundable, and running bib is non transferable.